An album is in the works,
"The Sounds of Love and Fear"
Coming soon. The album will be instrumental music written and composed by me, Laren Grey, and performed by myself and guest musicians, featuring acoustic guitar, acoustic bass, ukulele, djembe drums, surdo drums, tabla drums, talking drum, percussion, double tambourine, single tambourine, claves, cello, violin, bells, triangle, and other instruments. There will be no electric or electronic instrumentation.
I began this project on July 6th, 2020, the day Ennio Morricone died. As a fan I was inspired by his unique lifelong work, and for my own catharsis and edification I began composing my own ideas. This type of album has been something I have wanted to do for many years.
I gave myself a set of parameters...
- No vocals, all acoustic instruments. No electronic or electric instruments.
- Minimal instruments with emphasis on acoustic bass and guitar.
- Don't play things too perfect. Allow songs to drag and flow. Allow the pops, dings, and rattles of the acoustic instruments. No over-correcting or overproduced sound. A raw acoustic album.
- Despite minimal instruments, the songs should be unique and capture mood.
- Use varieties of keys and time signatures. Explore dissonance.
- No three chord folk style strumming.
- The music must be unique.
Take a listen to the songs "Arrival", "Lydmium", "Solarumbra", "Margareth", "Crescent Moon... Coyote Dreams", "The Knell", "Something There", "Rythmia", and "Canyon Night"...
All songs copyrighted © 2021 Laren Grey
#soundtrack #acousticmusic #acousticguitar #instrumental
00:00 / 07:21
00:00 / 01:23
Margareth Laren Grey
00:00 / 04:08
The KnellLaren Grey
00:00 / 02:37
Something ThereLaren Grey
00:00 / 05:34
00:00 / 04:45
Arrival Laren Grey
00:00 / 02:27
Crescent Moon... Coyote DreamsLaren Grey
00:00 / 03:57
Canyon NightLaren Grey
00:00 / 03:30